Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Living with the past

It's been 4 days back in South Africa and life as I know has returned to normal, but I am not... I am constantly thinking about evryone we have left behind in Somalia. The friends we came to kinow so well, our partners the Zam Zam foundation who have undertaken the great task of rebuilding their country, the innocent kids who are ill and displaced.....

I wonder if the kids we met at the hospital are doing okay ?

I wonder what today holds for the people of Somalia ?

I hope to return to this magnificent land. I never imagined I would've grown to love this place so much and I would have never guessed how much my passion for their success could grow.

I have met many before and since my return who still remain ignorant and indifferent, but I walk with the confidence of knowing that the many who do care and who are aware are far greater and stronger.

I have seen hope alive in situations where hope would be considered futile. It is HOPE that saves a life and hope that strengthens a nation.

In Somalia there lives HOPE.

1 comment:

  1. you concluded our lives is HOPE, we will Inshaa Allah, i think now you know Somalia.

    ReplyDelete